Thursday, August 12, 2010

A New Player's Guide to EVE Online




Hello, Reader!

I have recently started playing EVE Online. Although I am not new to gaming, I have never played any other massively multiplayer online games and very likely never will. I have decided to try out EVE Online because it is a very unique, completely user-controlled game and the style of this game is of particular interest to me.

I was expecting the learning curve to be quite steep and I have been reading up on a lot of guides to help in the first stages of the game. However, there is so much information out there, that it's tough to sort it all out at first. That's why I have decided to create a guide for new players based on my own experiences of starting-up in the New Eden.

I have been researching every obstacle that I have encountered in game, so I might as well post what I have learned and hope that somebody will find the information useful. At the very least, you can read and laugh at the mistakes that I've made.

The more I progress in the game, the more detailed information will be provided on a particular topic. And with every post I make, I will provide links to more in-depth guides if you're interested in learning more.

If you ever thought of trying out EVE Online or you thought that this is a game that you might like, but were put off by the whole idea of MMORPGs (like I am), you can't go wrong with trying the game. EVE Online creator CCP offers a 14-day trial. They don't ask for anything besides a valid e-mail address to create a trial account. The size of the game you have to download is 2.5GB and the final size the game will take up on your harddrive is 5.7GB. You can check out minimum and recommended system requirements here.

I have started playing the game on a trial account and I am enjoying the experience so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment